Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

15 Weeks

Baby is now the size of an orange! Yum! One of my favorite fruits...doesn't an Orange Julius sound good? I don't even know if they exist anymore! I'm still feeling great with a few body aches here and there. Neal has been amazing...he talks to Baby before we go to sleep and makes funny voices and sounds to the Baby in the morning. Socks is still cute as ever and a very sweet puppy...when Neal and I dance in the house she's right there in the middle of us on her two legs jumping up and down!!! =D Can't wait to have Baby join our little dance party!!!

Baby's now the size of a naval orange!Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.
(the bump)

Your baby is about 4 to 4 1/2 inches and about 1 3/4 of an ounce. If you could see your baby's face, you might be able to see her wince and grimace, because her facial muscles are developing and flexing. All of her tiny organs, nerves, and muscles are starting to function. The intestines have moved farther into the baby's body; her liver begins to secrete bile, which will later aid in the digestion of fats; and her pancreas begins to produce insulin, a hormone which turns sugar into energy.
(Baby Center)

A few days before we went to Vegas I started to have a pinching lower back ache on the left side. Walking miles and miles in Vegas didn't help out my situation either! I asked the doctor and she said that it's common in pregnancy to develop sciatica in the lower back. A few years ago I used to have in on my right hip and now it's moved to the back! I've been trying to wear flats to work even wearing walking shoes...hopefully it'll relieve some of the pinching ache...I'm horrified to know how it'll hurt when the Baby gets bigger!

Women with sciatica often experience shooting pains or paralyzing numbness in the lower back or buttocks area and sometimes down the backs of the thighs. The pain can be severe enough to limit a person's mobility almost entirely, and because it is caused by the position of the baby inside the womb, there's very little that can be done to relieve the situation entirely until the baby is born. "As the pregnancy goes on, ligaments and tendons loosen to prepare for the ultimate childbirth, and the back in some women can become quite unstable," says Horshinski, who recommends regular chiropractic adjustments for sufferers. "Some women get better with a couple of visits, but for those with severe sciatica, I recommend coming in every month or so throughout their pregnancy."

Another 'slight' discomfort I had during our Vegas trip was when I took naps during the ride I would wake up every 15 minutes cause my hands fell asleep. It was the oddest feeling...I didn't know where to put or position my hands cause I didn't know what was causing it. I fixed it by not going to sleep! Neal kept looking over cause I would wake up shaking my hands out!!!

Symptoms may include numbness, tingling, burning, pain, or a dull ache in the fingers, hand, wrist, and even up the arm to the shoulder. In severe chronic cases, your hand may feel clumsy or weak.
Symptoms usually affect both hands and can appear at any time, but they're more likely to begin or worsen in the second half of pregnancy when women tend to retain more fluid. The symptoms usually go away gradually after you give birth, as the swelling from pregnancy subsides.
The carpal tunnel is a bony canal formed by the wrist bones on three sides and a ligament that runs across the wrist on the other. The swelling and fluid retention that's so common during pregnancy can increase the pressure in this relatively narrow and inflexible space, compressing the median nerve that runs through it.
The median nerve gives sensation to the thumb and the index, middle, and half of the ring finger and is responsible for movement of a muscle at the base of the thumb. Pressure on this nerve is what causes the symptoms.

It's only happened once since we've been back. The only thing I can think of that might have triggered it was when we left for Vegas I had a little filipino food...which has a lot of salt. Hopefully it doesn't come back!

I think its funny how I didn't have any morning sickness but keep coming up with these odd side effects of pregnancy. Overall, I can't really complain...I've had a real good run so far so I'll take these odd uncomfortable feelings here and there!


P.S. I am sooooo looking forward to Watermelon this year (preferably seedless please!). I think we'll be best friends during this summer pregnancy =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment