Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

5 Year "Together" Anniversary, Baby Emery 13 Weeks Old

Today, Neal and I celebrate our 5 Year Anniversary of being together.
5 Years ago we went on a field trip to San Francisco with our class and it's where it all began!
Our first hint of that we were meant to be more than friends was when we stepped foot into the city bus after getting off the plane.
There was a lady sitting across us that was really nice but a little loony.
She said to us: "How nice...you're on your honeymoon!"
and we responded with an odd look and said "No, we're not married...we're here on a field trip"
and she said "Well, you are just a lovely couple...how nice that you're spending your honeymoon here. Who is watching your kids?"
We thought it was cute and hilarious so we went with the story and carried on with our new characters throughout the trip!
Here's our "First Married Couple on Our Honeymoon" picture on the bus.

We experienced and saw all of San Francisco and had fun at night! (and of course learned a lot from our instructors as well!!!)

He even drew me a wedding ring to go with our story!

It was this trip that our friendship grew into love. I will never forget that he made me laugh sooooo much to the point where my cheeks were hurting. I even had butterflies in my stomach!
I remember thinking: : "Could good friends work out?" and "Ohmigosh, we're classmates...we have every class together!" The picture above was the one and ONLY time that I ever got buzzed...well borderline drunk. He held my hand for the first time that night (probably cause I couldn't walk in a straight line!)
He was the first person to show me that life is about laughter and comedy, life doesn't has to be so serious and taught me how to see the good things out of any situation.

On Thursday, January 13, 2006 we had our first kiss. I can't believe 5 years ago on this exact same day we are so much more in love and growing our family.
I woke up this morning with him smiling at me saying "Happy Anniversary, Babe!"
He's still the only one that can make me laugh so hard that my cheeks hurt =)

Speaking of the number 13...on this day...January 13, 2011 not only do we celebrate our anniversary but Baby Emery is 13 weeks old today! (Maybe we should play the lottery!)

Baby's now the size of a peach!Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.

Your Baby in Week 13 of Pregnancy
What's up with your baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of hers is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, her body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction (the first step toward saying, "I love you, Mommy!"). And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth (a habit that may come in handy for self-soothing when she’s a newborn).



Though we didn't have an appointment to see Baby this week I did have to go through the horrid 3 hour glucose test. And unfortunately on Wednesday I got THE CALL! I missed the cut off point by 2 mg!!!

What is gestational diabetes?

Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that starts during pregnancy. If you have diabetes, your body isn't able to use the sugar (glucose) in your blood as well as it should. This causes the level of sugar in your blood to become higher than normal.

Gestational diabetes affects from 1% to 3% of all pregnant women. It usually develops in the second trimester (sometimes as early as the 20th week of pregnancy). Most often, gestational diabetes goes away after the baby is born.

 I was referred to a center at Hoag Hospital and was immediately contacted by a nurse. It was a lot to take in in one day...she scheduled the first class for that evening. Neal and I both had crazy deadlines at work but Baby comes first! So we hussled over to Hoag and was immediately overwhelmed. There was a classroom set up, machines to read your blood, pamphlets, booklets, etc...The class was 2 hours long and the whole time I think I was ready to burst in tears. I think I was still in denial that I have Gestational Diabetes and that I wish they would just let me retest. I was more upset to find out that if I took this test a few months ago I would've passed...they JUST changed the number ratings...they didn't even make new forms! we had to cross out numbers and fill the new ones in!!!
I think getting this package was the most overwhelming thing of the night. We were taught how to prick ourselves...4 times a day! And I have to log in everything...from food, to sugar readings to what time I ate. I looked around the room and all the ladies were well along into their 6 months of pregnancy. I have a whole 5-6 more months to go! I think that played in my mind about being sad about this whole situation.
This is the Meal plan I was given. It's actually quite a lot of food. On the way home...of course my sweet husband knew just the right things to say and put everything to persepective. He said we're not going to think of this as it's because I have Gestational Diabetes but a new way of living. He said it's better for our health and the baby and hopefully after the baby we can continue to eat healthier. I felt much better after that and was happy to know that he wanted to go through this with me. And he was right...when I look at it as just a healthier way of eating...the Gestational Diabetes "label" really doesn't bother me. (except for those 4 times I have to prick myself everyday!!!) We're also going to go on more walks to get my sugar down after meals...I know Socks will be real happy with that! We have another class next week...it teaches us how to eat when we go out to restaurants and I believe we only have to report to them once a month after that.

Anyways, tonight we are celebrating our Anniversary and I cannot wait to celebrate with Neal and have Baby with us to celebrate its 13 weeks!!!!! I think Socks is coming too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment