Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Supercross, Errands and 3 Hour Glucose Test

On Friday, The Lopezs invited us to dinner at the Macaroni Grill to celebrate the permit for their new house in Oceanside. Neal has helped Andre out with drawings so it was really nice of them to invite us!
Saturday was the opening for Supercross and we had Jason, Nathan and Jimmy over. I made some hot chicken tenders for the first time and it came out great! I have never really seen Jimmy eat...but can you believe he ate 15??? He said he wants to start a Food Truck business with me!

I also got them Boiling Crab: we got 3 pounds of shrimp, corn and fries. I made some rice too! Here they are trying to figure out how to eat with their hands.


We even got Jimmy eating with his hands!

Our little girl was there to support her Daddy and Supercross =D

On Sunday, Socks had an appointment with Petsmart and we had 4 hours to kill! (I still wonder what they do with her for 4 hours) When we dropped her off she was shaking miserably! She had the biggest eyes on her and we felt SOOOO bad on leaving her. But we had a bunch of errands to do and her stinky bum needed a cleaning!

We played around in Lowes a little and Neal had to buy some "house maintenance" things: For example the light bulb that's been out for a year! hahah

We had a little coffee and hung out at Barnes and Noble.  
We then headed over to Babies R Us and it was really overwhelming but fun. We had to take a break in the middle of store and hung out on the glider chairs. A salesman felt the need to download us on everything we needed to buy to even how to breastfeed! We decided that we're going to be really practical and just get what we absolutely need. I've already started visualizing that our coffee table and papasan, etc needs to be stored to make room for Baby! Neal thought it was hilarious that people just come up with the craziest things...here was his favorite

It's a baby visor for when you give your Baby a bath so the soap doesn't get into their eyes!

And this is my favorite. They're "Pee Pee Tents". You use them to cover up your little boy while you change him.


We then went to Pat and Oscars and got their special 2 person meal. It was A LOT of food and I only ate one slice of pizza cause at this point we've been out for 3 hours and I was ready for a nap!

We finally got the call that Socks was ready and boy was she SO happy to see us. The lady also gave us a Report Card on how she did and she said "Socks, did...okay. She was really nervous".
Poor Socksy!!!

She was happy to be home and we took a long 2 1/2 hour nap!

Unfotunately, I failed my first glucose test by one point! And was made to do another test...only it was the 3 hour test! I'm not really sure who came up with this test but they're pretty crazy telling a pregnant woman she can't eat for at least 8-12 hours! I started fasting last night around 7 and headed straight to the blood center this morning. The first blood draw was HORRIBLE! The nurse pricked me 4 times on my right arm and 2 times on the left! She said my veins kept moving and she kept swimming the needle trying to find a vein! I sat there thinking...ohmigosh I have to do this 3 more times! Then they made me drink the same orange juice but this time twice the concentration in five minutes. I was doing fine until the other lady said...try not to throw it up. And then they proceeded to tell each other stories of how women throw up all the time! I held it in cause she said I would have to do it over again if I did! I did this over and over again from 8:30 to 12:30. I don't know why they call it the 3 hour test cause it lasted 4 hours and 4 horrible blood draws.
I was a pin-cushion today...9 Total pricks for 4 blood draws...(eerrrkk???)
...hopefully the test comes back Negative and I can be on my merry way! It's all worth it for our precious little Baby =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment