Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our First Valentines Celebration

Isn't it odd to hear that this is our first Valentines Dinner?
We've been together for over 5 years and finally we went out to dinner on our 6th Valentine's Day together!
The first 2 years we were always in studio at school so that was kind of our date...the 3rd year we just started working, the 4th year we just got married and was settling in after our honeymoon and the 5th year we had a party for my birthday
(I guess it doesn't help that my birthday is so close either!)

So lucky #6 Valentine's Day we went out with the rest of the world and we had a blast!
We went to Macaroni Grill and I got the Chicken Parmesan and Neal got Chicken Alfredo. We have our dinners out down to a system! We stalk up on the "free" food...in this case the bread and eat half of our dinner and take the rest for lunch the next day...we're so economical! We're starting to adjust for when the Baby comes but we still have to have a little fun so this is the best combination!

Not to mention I had a $5 coupon and free Chocolate Birthday Cake to redeem!


This is a little inside joke that happened that afternoon. We were taking Socks out to potty and there was a lady that was going for a walk that was TERRIFIED of Socks. We looked at her kind of funny thinking: "She's so cute and little...she's not going to attack you...she's actually scared of you". I guess we convinced her that Socks was harmless and she proceeded to walk in front of our garage...to our surprise...Socks sprinted towards her to get a little whiff of her. This lady (in her Indian Sari wrap outfit) went CRAZY and started flailing her arms like she was swimming through the street screaming "I SAID NOOO, NOOOO, NOOO DOGS! I SAID NOOOOOOOOO!" I know I shouldn't have laughed but I actually bursted out in tears amazed at how much she overreacted and was freaking out. Neal was trying to hold his laughter in cause its very echoey on our street but he couldn't hold it in either! And then there was Socks who looked up at us wondering why we were laughing hysterically with her cute puppy eyes.

How could anyone be scared of this cute Cupid Puppy???
I woke up today still laughing at the crazy lady who thought a shark was attacking her...she just needs 1 lick and hug from Socks and she would just love her to death!!!

We ended the evening with the fam bam on the couch...Socks giving us hugs and kisses and me falling asleep with the wonderful hubby giving me a foot rub! Happy Valentines Day!!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SAID NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment