Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter & Crafts Weekend

We had a fun-filled weekend of family and food!
I apologize in advance I was a real bad photographer this weekend!
We had Saturday night Easter Dinner at the Emerys!

And of course the little girl was there to pick up the goodies off the floor....I felt really bad...I accidentally stepped on her little paw and she cried out :(......such a horrible feeling! But I made it up by giving her steak and chicken...she quickly forgot about it!
Delicious Chicken, steak, shrimp kabobs, rice pilaf and veggies!!! (and me and my A1 sauce...i was never a big fan of it before but it just sounds so good right now!)

I was also in craft-mode and finally made the banner that will go over the dessert table for the shower...

I think it came out pretty cute! "Sweet Savannah"

Excuse the bed-hair...but Socks woke us up at 5 in the morning cause she was so excited to see Grandpa...and so here I am doing more crafts at 5:30 in the morning!!! We thought the first sign came out so cute that we would make one for each food table. We came up with the "Sweet Savannah" for the desserts..."Savannah Snacks" for the candy table and the buffet table we are still brainstorming.
We came up with some good contenders though:
Savannah Savory(ies)
Savannah's Stuffings
Savannah Specials
Sizzlin' Savannah



This name banner is so far my favorite...I think it's the attenas that make it cute! 
We headed to Lola's house for Easter lunch...as you can see Lola's very "puffy and swollen" :(
She hasn't been feeling too well and is retaining too much fluid...she has an appt today to check her stomach fluids...hopefully everything turns out well.


Of course Socks had to have her Easter outfit on!

I started crafting again and Lola came out to watch and she started to help. She really enjoyed feeling like she helped and was so detail oriented! I had an attena missing on the letter "H" and she was the only one to notice that it was missing one...I think that's where I get my 'Martha Stewart-ness' from! She was the one who taught me at 3 years old about the color wheel and how to color!!! I'm glad she enjoyed watching and help make Savannah's banner...we really had a blast together! I wish I could stay all day with her and do arts & crafts and story-tell all day and night!

Later in the afternoon we visited Nanay's grave and the kids went egg hunting...



Our traditional cousin picture...

I pretty much got lazy taking pictures after this...I was exhausted!!! We went back to my aunt's house and had some snacks...and then we went back to Lola's house to eat dinner and pick up the little girl. Our adventure still wasn't over! We headed over to my parents house so Socks and Siopao could get a little lovin' time and watch the first half of the Laker game.
It was a FULL weekend and Socks and I were KNOCKED out by the end of the Laker game!

0 comments:

Post a Comment