Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

28 Weeks

Gender: Dancing Girl!


Movement: I would have to say this week has been the most movement we've felt! I'm really feeling the movements now and she's giving me good punches! Our favorite time is when Daddy gets to join the action and he gets to feel how strong she's getting. Last night we felt our first official "stretch" across my belly...it was perfect timing cause Daddy's hand was in the perfect spot! She has also gotten our dancing moves...cause she loves to move when I have the music on going to work!

Sleep: It's getting hot and uncomfortable! Switching positions during the night isn't an unconcious involuntary movement anymore...it takes strategic re-positioning, realigning pillows, making sure Socks hasn't fallen off the bed and making sure the fan is directly hitting me!

What I miss: sleeping on my tummy!

Cravings: I'm all about desserts this week! I will carefully watch what I eat for dinner just so I could sneak in a dessert.

Symptoms: Sciatica is gone this week but pelvic pressure/pain is still an issue. Even getting dressed hurts! We went to Baby's R Us and Target to invest in a belly band/belt but they were all uncomfortable, hot and didn't do a thing! It seemed to be more of a hassle to wear this thing...we looked pretty silly in the middle of the aisles Neal trying to figure out how to put me in these things.

I guess I was expecting a miracle out of these things and to feel an immediate relief...but they were just irritating! It's just another thing to think about and adjust in this already cramped body and weather! I think we need to do a little more research!

Current Mood:  I have two things to complain about...and usually I don't like being negative but it seems to be a reoccuring topic.

The first one is when people find out we have a dog and feel the need to tell us that we will be ignoring her when the baby gets here or altogether forget about her and to really watch out for Socks cause she might attack or eat the crap out of the baby! I guess it really hurts for me to hear that because I understand that all of our attention would obviously be lessened towards her but to make such a bold statement hurts my feelings as if she's no longer important. People don't know that when I'm happy, sad, or hurt she's always there for me! Even when I stub my toe she will run up and give me a hug and give me kisses. She really has become part of our family and gives us lots of joy and memories...people need to stop saying that we will ignore her cause that's just a judement of how our actions will be. The comment about her attacking the baby is a good concern...but at the same time it's attacking our lack of judgement and how to parent. It is up to us how to train the dog and teach the baby how to be around one another. The biggest thing is food since I like to feed her off the table and she will have to learn that she has her own food and Savannah has her own. But Socks ATTACKING the baby??? she's scared of her own shadow!!!

I've also gotten irritated by people who tell me what I shouldn't be eating...especially when I'm mid-air into eating it! Especially with having gestational diabetes I don't think I've ever been more aware of what to eat and not to eat. But there are days when you just want to enjoy something and so I will give "this" up to have "that" for the day. It's funny cause I always here one person say "This is the time you can enjoy anything and anytime...eat whatever you want!"...and then there are people who make a comment about ONE little dark chocolate candy! I never mind peoples opinion or thoughts...cause I ask people all the time what they think and value what they say! Anyways, enough with all the negativity!!! I think that's pretty good for 28 weeks being pregnant and it being my first official ranting!

On a brighter note...everyone is very excited about the shower and it makes me so happy! I love how everyone loves her already! I was also very estatic when Lola helped out for a bit for Savannah's baby shower. She hasn't been feeling well and it was obvious she felt good about herself that she was able to make things with me...it's the little things in life that make people happy :)

Random Updates: Neal has made project manager! And I couldn't be more proud of him. It's been his long term goal in his career...though it's only on one proejct it's a start! Go DADDY!

Socks has been amazing! She's still sweet as ever! She has also experienced Savannah's movement...she was laying on my stomach the other day and all of a sudden my stomach and Socks jerked...she kept looking back as if I kicked her!

We really need to start clearing things out again and move some furniture around...but again, this heat just makes you want to sit in front of a fan, watch basketball games with a smoothie in your hand!



0 comments:

Post a Comment