Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

33 Weeks

Gender: Girl on Vacation!

Movement: She took a vacation one night of moving which scared us a little...but she is back in full energy! I find it funny that she can wake me up sometimes during the night from her moving so much.

Sleep: Starting to experience the discomfort of some positions...I practically build a fort every night with pillows to get the perfect angles for the perfect comfortable positions.

What I miss: a glass of white wine sounds so good right now...even though I don't really drink!

Cravings: nothing special this week!
Symptoms: I have the waddle down pretty good :)

Current Mood:  Had a realization this morning that we will be having a baby NEXT MONTH! I called Neal on the way to work to just tell him that...and we were both pretty much in awe! I also feel like I have to go to Babies R Us everyday...is nesting kicking in?

Random Updates:  I conducted my first interview this afternoon who will replace me while I'm on leave...I was a little nervous as I have never been on the other side of an interview. I had lots of fun and a good learning experience. I get to do more next week so hopefully I get better!

Neal is prepping to go on his work trip workshop...I'm so excited for him...it's such a great opportunity! This weekend he's going on a "Baby Bachelor Golf Weekend" with his Daddy...I think it's cute! :)

We've also started putting more things together...we finally decided on a crib bedding (after changing them 4-5 times!) I'm not sure why but it was a really big ordeal for Neal...we started with purple and butterflies, then to ladybugs, then monkeys and animals and ended with pink and butterflies! Though pink wasn't on my top list...it was really important for him...so the other night we assembled the sheets and accessories...I think it's beautiful :)

 I'm proud of my basket of things for her changing supplies...I got it for 6 bucks! It was really fun going downstairs with a grocery bag and grabbing all these things...it's like I have my own Babies R Us in our house!
Here's Socks checking out her sister's bed...she really wanted to play with the mobile!

Another big piece we put together (well, Neal put together) was our stroller. I'm not sure why but it seems like EVERYTHING we've opened needs assembling! Though they're pretty self explanatory...we still read the instructions very carefully for safety reasons. It only took about 20-30 mins to put this thing together but it took me about the same amount of time to learn how to use everything properly!


We really haven't made a dent into organizing the baby's room...if anything I just made neater-messier piles! I'm still in the mode of feeling I need to get everything first before I can organize. What's crazier is that I only have a few things left on our list like a thermometer and more diapers but I feel like I'm missing things...but in reality if she came now she would have everything she needs. I keep thinking there's enough time but then realize that I only have 4 weeks left at work! and technically in a couple weeks she could come any time after that! We really need to just start washing her clothes and I think nesting will come into full gear...now...it's only finding the time and energy to do all these things!

Until then...Babies R Us, Target and Carters will be seeing more of us in the next coming weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment