Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Savannah's (Almost) Early Appearance!


On Sunday morning Savannah all made us running like frantic crazy people! I woke up around 6 feeling something weird. I felt my bed and it was soaked! I immediate got up and saw the lower half of my bed drenched. My first thought was…Did Socks just pee? But the puddle was so huge I knew it was impossible. I then thought…Did I just pee? But when I took off all the sheets the fluids were clear and didn’t smell like urine. My heart was racing like crazy and I went to the bathroom and more clear fluid started leaking down my leg. I immediate called Neal…who was unfortunately in Lake Tahoe in his workshop. It was 6 in the morning and felt so bad waking him up but I was freaking out! I told him I thought my water broke…he immediately instructed me to call the doctor and of course my doctors office was closed and got rerouted to the on-call doctor. She told me to go to the hospital right away! I was terrified at this point…looking at Socks as if she was suppose to give me an answer!

Crazy enough I calmed myself down to drive myself to the hospital since I was in no pain. The whole car ride there I kept telling Neal, “It’s too early”, “I don’t even have a hospital bag”, “This isn’t how it was suppose to happen”, “I know it’s embarrassing but I really wish I just peed on myself!”, “We haven’t even done our childbirth classes” and my favorite “I DON’T EVEN HAVE A CAMERA!”

I finally made it to the hospital and was annoyed that the free Valet Service was closed on the weekends…I thought “WHAT? People don’t go into labor on the weekends???” I was so spazzed out that I told Neal…in case I forget with all this craziness happening I parked our car on level 3!!! LOL! That would be the last thing we needed this weekend was spending hours trying to find our car!

Grandpa Emery captured this ugly moment of me in bed :)



I got to the Labor and Delivery floor and everyone was super nice. They led me into a room immediately and it was huge! I got dressed in those ugly gowns and for the next few hours that room was my home. They hooked me up to a heart and contraction monitor and I was relieved to hear her sweet little heartbeat! By the time I was checked in Neal was at the airport already on his way! And 10 mins later Grandpa Emery showed up!!! I was so relieved to see a familiar face in such a big lonely hospital! He had to leave the room though after 20 mins so they could start doing examinations and tests. Her heartbeat was really high but it was due to all the excitement. I also felt my stomach getting REALLY hard and have never felt so much movement from her in the hours we were there! My parents finally made it…I’m actually surprised they made it cause my mom kept looking for the hospital named “HOG”! J

The nurses just kept monitoring us…her heart rate was still in the high 180-205 and I was having ‘contractions’ but the nurse called it ‘irritable contractions’. The first test came back negative and thankfully my water did not break. So that was good news, cause if it did we were having a baby that day! They then sent me down to get an ultrasound to really check out what was going on in there. The tech did her thing…I didn’t like her very much! I would ask her what it was she was looking for and it was like I was inconveniencing her. When I got back up to the room the nurse said that Savannah looked great, active and healthy and that I didn’t loose enough fluids for them to be concerned. I was relieved but still didn’t like that there was no definite answer to what happened that morning!
This is my favorite picture that Grandpa Emery took...I don't think he knew what it was but he was so excited about capturing the moments that he even took a picture of the speculum for the vaginal exam!!! hahahahaha it makes me laugh every time!

They kept me for another hour and at this time Neal was halfway home. He said during his layover the first thing he saw was a lady with a little girl and a stroller…was Savannah telling Daddy to hurry up? Hahah! After reviewing the monitors and tests they concluded that these things just happen sometimes and though I was having ‘irritable contractions’ I wasn’t in labor. So they sent me home! I looked at them like they were crazy cause by then I mentally prepared myself that I was going to give birth that day!
Our awesome view!


My mom and I went home while my dad picked up Neal at the airport. The first thing my mom did was wash all of Savannah’s clothes and our little mess on our bed and start cleaning the house! I was so relieved to see Neal come home! The rest of the day though my stomach was rock hard and felt a lot of cramping. Grandpa Emery and Grandma Sylvia came over and brought dinner. It was delicious and Savannah was loving all the food! Socks was in heaven cause she saw all her favorite people and to top it off…her Daddy was FINALLY home!

So as of now...I'm holding on real tight to her and am going to try to keep her inside me as long as I can! She's just so excited to meet everyone...but not just yet Savannah!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment