Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Busy 24 Hours!

I got home last night to check on the balloons and here was their status:
All balloons DOWN!!!
But then after close examination...look who survived! The Pink Balloon is the winner!
We were busy last night with prepping to tell the exciting news to our parents. I made an apron that says "Bun in the Oven". I had a few malfunctions last night and that's what the Yellow "Baby '11" cover is for...I burned the apron and made a big hole! =(
Neal being silly with the pink and blue truffles...we have a game plan for tonight! I've been getting cooking lessons from my mom the past few weeks and thought this would be a great way to tell them. We're telling them that Neal and I both cooked something and that we want them to be the JUDGES. And we'll turn the Boat of Truffles around and this is what they'll see...
Apo means "Grandchild" in tagalog...I have an empty space in the middle where I'm going to write in the month of Baby's due date.

 On top of my crafts night...I had an order of Truffles from my coworker for his daughters 18th birthday. I made 12 White Chocolate Ghirardelli and 12 Milk Chocolate Ghirardelli topped with either coconut, toffee or mixed nuts. They look delish! I hope she likes them =D
We went in for our FIRST Prenatal appointment this morning. And they told us that Baby is due on July 21, 2011!!! Though Neal is hoping that Baby will hold on til August...something about he wants them to have the same birthday month! They had to do more blood tests today and lucky me got the new nurse in town. She was having a really difficult time and for some odd reason kept closing her eyes...Neal thought that was a little weird! But I felt bad for her cause everyone seems to have a hard time drawing blood from me! Stubborn veins!

 They told us that Baby is 4 weeks and 1 day old today. According to thebump.com Baby is the size of a poppyseed! So TINY! Here's what they say:

Your Pregnancy: Week 4 Your tiny little baby is busily settling into her new home (your uterus), though it may just feel like PMS to you. So in addition to the miracle of life, you can also welcome these beautiful first gifts of motherhood: bloating, cramping, and maniacal mood swings. (Watch out! JK!)

Baby's now the size of a poppyseed!Now safe in your womb, the ball of cells (blastocyst) is splitting into the embryo (your future child) and placenta. Outside this microscopic speck, the amniotic sac and fluid are forming into protective cushioning.

We're looking forward to tonight! My mind is working like crazy for how we're going to tell Neal's parents. We're telling them on Grandma Sylvia's birthday! =D

On another note...I've been waking up at 4:45am on the dot for about a week now. Don't know if its the time change or this is all part of the process....but Socks and I have been enjoying watching Lifetime Movies before Neal wakes up =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment