Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Our Wish Came True!

Today, I get to tell my husband, Neal, the best gift I can ever give to him. We have gone through a long and stressful journey the past year of trying to have a baby. But today, I have the honor and privlege to tell him that he is finally a Daddy. Last night I had a gut feeling that something was different and without thinking I took a test. I was so nervous and scared to be disappointed all over again. Socks sat with me in the bathroom and waited patiently. 2 minutes later this is what we discovered...

I was in total shock and started shaking. So shock I didn't even cry. All I could say was "Socks! You're going to be a BIG SISTER!!!" She knew something was up because she was pretty excited herself! But then I started wondering "what if this is a false positive?". I already had a scheduled appointment for Thursday morning and quickly put myself back into check and decided I should get the official results before I went on a rampage. Neal came home and it was SOOOOO hard not to say anything....I'm so glad Socks can't speak!

This morning I could hardly contain myself that I got up at 4 in the morning. I decided that I would call the doctor and ask to be rescheduled. As soon as 7:00am hit...I called their office and asked if I could come in. They gladly accepted and Neal had already left the house so I got ready. Before I left, Socks and I laid in bed and I showed her the test again. In some weird way I think she knows cause this is what she did when I put the test in front of her...
She looked up at me with her big brown eyes, rested her head on the test and curled up into a ball. It was hard to say bye to her but she was pretty much ready for me to go since I made her wake up at 4 with me! On the 15 minute drive to the doctors I completely convinced myself that it was a false positive. I think it's been my defense mechanism all along. I got to the doctors office and they swiftly took me away to get my blood drawn. No one really seemed to show any emotion of hope but I think they're trained to do so. They told me they would call me after lunch. AFTER LUNCH? That's like a whole 5 hours from now!

I went to work and tried to do my best to occupy myself. At 11:39 am I saw the doctors number appear on my phone. I kinda didn't want to pick it up! But who was I kidding? I picked it up on the 3rd ring...and to my surprise it was my Doctor on the other line. (usually it's a nurse that calls us with results)
The Dr. said: "Cherrie, can you hear me okay?"
Me: “Yes, I can hear you just fine!”
Dr: “So, how are you doing today?”
Me: “I’m doing great, how are you?” (Thinking: geez, enough with the small talk…it must be bad if they have the doctor calling)
Dr: “I’m doing great, Thank You!...Well, Cherrie, we just wanted to say, CONGRATULATIONS YOU’RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!” I could hear their whole office over the speaker phone screaming and yelling with congratulations
Me: “ARE YOU SERIOUS???”
Dr: “As serious as we can get! Congratulations Cherrie & to Neal as well!”
Me: “ARE YOU SERIOUS???”
And eveverything after that I have no clue, cause I was shaking, so happy and cried all at the same time. But I do remember him saying something along the lines of not being able to eat fish and me thinking "WHAT, no more Boiling Crab?" :)

So...i can barely work now because I am just so estatic to tell Neal the news. I have a 100 ideas going through my mind and I just can't wait to see his face tonight.

It's a crazy feeling that there's a little person in side of me.
Wow...I'm PREGNANT :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment