Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Truffle Announcement to Cherrie's Family

Friday was amazing! Neal and I headed off to Long Beach right after work and were faced with traffic that made our butterflies in our stomach worst. I decided to call home to let them know we were on our way and thank goodness we did. We had a couple relatives over and it would've thrown the whole 'show' off. We urged them to go ahead and go out to dinner and to just bring us home food to go. Luckily they were hungry enough to go without us. We got home and my mom had all the food laid out...and during dinner I mentioned that Neal and I had a cook-off the night before and would like them to be judges of whose tasted better.
Maggie was so into it that she busted out index cards and wanted different categories and a scoring guide!
Here they are: Judge Maggie, Judge Mommy and Judge Daddy

And in came the CHEF! My mom was laughing cause of Neal's silly hat!

Here they are posing with the Chef and not having a clue what was about to happen next.
We faced the announcement towards us and asked for another Judges Photo. LOVE how they were all very involved in the judging process.

Before Neal turned the Boat of Truffles around I screamed "Close your EYES!" And the funny person my daddy is...he decided to cover himself with the foil.

We said: "Okay, everyone look" Maggie was the first to realize what was going on. My mom and dad were cheering but didn't know why...they were just going along what Maggie was doing. Maggie had the cutest bunny hop while heaving in tears of happiness thing going on.
So out of curiousity after the screaming, both my parents went back to re-read the sign. My Dad finally realized it and started clapping like crazy saying "YAY!!! Let's have some beer!" My Mom started clapping too and everyone was hugging...so she hugged everyone too! But she still didn't know why everyone was excited (she's so cute!)
She went back one more time and finally read it and here she is SO excited.
She was reading it as "A-po" instead of "AHH-PO"

Immediatly we handed out all the aprons with "Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie and Bun in the Oven"
We also gave them a picture frame with "grandkids" on the bottom and a picture of Socks. And a card that said "To the New Grandparents"

Here's the picture of Socks in the frame


And finally here's a picture of me with the apron on.
Bun in the oven and (Baby '11) that covered the hole I made!

Here was our family photo that turned out blurry =(

Mommy, Maggie, Mom to be and Baby =D

My mom kept going back to the truffles and kept analyzing the "APO 2011"

And here's my handsome chef!
We spent the rest of the night reliving the Announcement. I, on the other hand, has noticed that when I feel the sleepiness coming...I NEED to find a bed SOON! The second I hit the pillow I'm out like a light...though I'm still waking up at 4:45am!!! On Saturday, we celebrated by going to Happy House Chinese Restaurant for lunch...the waiters there are so weird! We all went to Costco after and spent like an hour and half buying almost everything in sight. My mom bought us Toy Story 3 and boy, was it worth it!

Neal's Disney work is featured in the specials!!! It was so much fun to see his face light up when his work rolled across the screen. It was cute cause I caught him a few times the rest of the afternoon watching the the clip in slow mo! =D
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE CLIP
(His starts at the 2 minute mark)
My mom and I had another cooking lesson: it was pancit this time!
We headed over to Lola's house to watch the Manny fight and we had a blast.

 Lola looked so good and sometime during the night having a baby came up. She said "You know...it would be nice if you have kids soon...like maybe 1 or 2!" It was really hard not to say anything but we're waiting to tell Neal's parents first before we spill the beans to the rest of the family =D. It was hard for me not to get too excited during the fight...i'm usually jumping up and down and screaming at the top of my lungs. But I had Neal there to bring me back down when I stood and started screaming...my mom across the room checking in time to time to see if i was behaving and last but not least my Daddy in the other room making sure I made it down the stairs okay each and every time I came down =D
I love being babied...I'll enjoy this until Baby comes =D


0 comments:

Post a Comment