Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Telling Neal the BIG NEWS!


As soon as I left work last night I went straight to Party City and bought a bunch of pink and blue balloons, a baby sign and a bib. Of all the days for that store to be busy it had to be last night. There were only 2 cashiers and about 30 customers waiting in line. I was so anxious because I couldn't get a hold of Neal and I wanted to know how much time I had. I waited in line for 25 minutes! and another 10 minutes for the balloons to be done. Thank goodness Neal called and said he was just leaving the office when I left the store. I knew I had at least an hour!

I got home and cleared out the living room and Socks was such a big help! (just cause she was scared of the balloons and decided to stay under the dining table!) Here's what the room looked like:

The wait was the longest wait in my life. I called him on 3 different occassions coming up with different questions and always ended the call with "So, how far are you now?" =)
Socks and I decided to write a card to Neal....that took about 3 minutes. Here was the rest of our wait:
I made one final phone call and he said HE WAS DOWN THE STREET! Here is how it went:

Neal was in total shock! We ended the video and Neal still needed a moment to recover from shock...I remember him saying "My head hurts from overload of information!" We decided to go out and celebrate and I was craving Italian so off to Buca di Peppo we went. Neal was in so much shock that he couldn't remember where the restaurant was or even what restaurant we were going to. I guess I was still in shock as well cause I totally forgot to bring our coupon! (the coupon swayed our decision to eat there!)

The first thing our waitor asked was "Are we celebrating anything special tonight?" And I would say we looked pretty ridiculous saying "No!" cause we were both beaming ear to ear! Neal said, "I don't want some Buca Lady knowing before our own parents!!!" A lady came by and took our picture:
Can you believe she was trying to sell a 4x6 picture for $20!?!?! So, we opted out for this complimentary photo....but we actually liked it the best cause it has the time, date and restaurant name! Dinner was hard to go through...we rambled off ideas, our future, how we were going to tell our parents, what the baby would look like, savings bonds, college etc...Towards the end of dinner I handed Neal a card:
Neal particularly liked the title on my envelope =)
We ended the night sitting in our living room playing with the balloons and ended up with a game. Which ever balloon can stay afloat the longest will be the gender of the baby. Let's see which wins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment