Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Registering and Birthdays

We all woke up SUPER early on Saturday morning (4:30 am to be exact!)...we were heading towards San Diego to the Navy Base to look at furniture for my parents new place and possible baby furniture for us.
We were all like kids in a candy store! We all love furniture and appliance shopping...my parents found their kitchen appliances and got a great deal.

We then headed to the Baby section and looked at the cribs. We were really touched when "Papa Guy" said "I want to buy her, her first piece of furniture. Pick whichever crib you want!" We were so appreciative cause we know how much expenses they're going through right now with the new house and all. But they insisted so off we went and picked the crib!
This is the 4 in 1 crib...and it matches all our other furniture!

It's amazing what this crib can do! We are really going to try to REALLY use the crib and not have her sleep in our bed (with of course the occassional naps and family snuggles!)...so picking the crib I would say has been the hardest decision. We want to use it as long and as much as we can.
Thank You Papa Guy and Mama Dolly for being so kind and generous!

We did all this by 10:00 am!!! We headed back to Long Beach and met up with the rest of the Manalo family at a restaurant in Buena Park to celebrate Uncle Bernie's birthday. After lunch we all went back to my aunt's house where I brought back ice cream for everyone. It was such a hot day and a great dessert to finish off our lunch. We took this picture outside and Neal laughed cause he realized that our family is really full of GIRLS!!!

After some much needed rest we headed over to Lola's house for her dinner birthday party!

She's sooooooooo adorable! When she first saw me she kept squealing about how she saw OUR baby on tv. I realized she was talking about the computer. She was SO estatic over Baby's bow on the ultrasound.
We had a great evening and she was GLEAMING when we sang Happy Birthday to her.
And as always when we said good bye she said "I love you and OUR baby...take care of our baby okay?" :)

On Sunday, Neal went golfing and left at 6:30 in the morning! I unforunately couldn't go back to sleep and Socks was KNOCKED out until Neal came home at noon...so I just caught up on all my shows! As soon as Neal got home we headed to Babies R Us.

Here we are filling paper work out...
And Neal's favorite toy of the day! The first thing we registered for was the Baby Monitor
Here's Neal doing his "Law & Order" gun position...included with sound effects of the theme song...can you imagine what it was like for the next hour??? He was like a kid in a candy shop! Every time I called him over to just look at something...before I could even finish my sentence I heard the stupid "BEEP" and him smiling from ear to ear ready to "BEEP" some more. I was like "You have to calm down! I'm asking you which one you like and you just keep beeping!!!" His response (with big eyes) "I'm sorry...I'm just so excited...I just want her to have everything in every color!" How can you just not LOVE him??? :)

I will have to say though I thought we were ready...mentally and phsyically for registering for stuff. I mean, we had a BLAST when we did our wedding registry. But WOW, were we in for a surprise! Our first aisle were for Baby bottles. We stood there like a deer in head-lights...we had no clue which brand to go with. And when we finally picked the brand...we had no clue how many to buy. And then there were nipples for the bottles with different "stages" and we didn't know how many either. Basically this is how the whole afternoon went...from play-yards, crib essentials, diapers, etc.. It wasn't as easy as just picking our favorite color or what looked best. 
It didn't help either when we were trying to get a mattress for the crib and asked a lady to give us dimensions of our crib and instead was trying to give us dimensions for the box it came in...WHY WOULD WE WANT THAT??? The employees were either really informative and too clingy or had no clue and made you feel like you really didn't know what you are doing! We ended the registry by going over to the clothes and Neal went CRAZY with everything that said "I'm Daddy's Princess", "Daddy's Girl", "My Dad's the best"...it was then I realized that I this little girl had already stolen his heart!
It was a loooong, exiciting, stressful first-run registering...I'm pretty sure this won't be the last that we'll be in this store. I need to do some major research on the best brands, quanitity and essentials that we really need. This little one already has more things than we do!!! But she deserves everything and we'll try to give it all and every ounce of love we have in our bodies!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment